Manager, Estimating & Preconstruction Services
Reporting to the Vice President., Project Development Southern Alberta, the Manager, Estimating & Preconstruction Services is responsible for managing and coordinating all Estimating and Preconstruction Services activities and deliverables for Southern Alberta.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide risk assessment and go-no/go input to the Vice President, Project Development and branch executive team with respect to project pursuits and project estimates;
- Support a One Company culture; In coordination with other branches, lead the establishment, implementation, improvement of estimating systems and processes and support corporate estimating initiatives and major pursuits
- Human Resource management and resource allocation for estimating and preconstruction staff which includes: recruitment, performance management, career progression planning, individual career development and succession planning
- Lead development of estimating strategy for all estimating activities ensuring the highest quality of accurate, comprehensive estimating and budgeting deliverables;
- Oversee and be accountable for final review of all estimates; and preconstruction deliverables;
- Representation of Clark Builders as a company leader at appropriate industry events; and through appropriate consultant and client networks;
- Prime liaison and representation for Southern Alberta Project Development team with Southern Alberta subcontractor community;
- Leadership in conjunction with estimating leaders in the other Clark Builders branch offices of all subcontractor procurement processes, systems and activities;
- Collaborate and develop Sub-Contractor/Supplier relations through estimating team;
- Establish and maintenance of unit price and productivity knowledge and historical cost database;
- Represent, promote and adhere to Clark Builders’ policies and procedures.
- Other duties & responsibilities as required
Skill & Knowledge:
- Ability to create and maintain strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Alignment, Promotion of, and adherence to Core Values
- Strong attention to detail, effective communication skills; confident interacting with key contacts an team using all forms of communication
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Promoter and champion of senior leadership initiatives.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor, coach and develop a team of individuals
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Post-Secondary Certificate/Degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (with at least four years estimating experience) in a similar facility of construction.
- Thorough knowledge of, estimating techniques, all engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts required.
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, plus the ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort is essential.