Receptionist (Maternity Leave Coverage effective May 2018)
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Receptionist will be responsible for being the first point of contact and communication with internal and external customers.
- Efficiently operate console switchboard and direct incoming/outgoing calls through the voice mail system;
- Ensure mail is received, stamped and distributed as required;
- Negotiate and make optimal use of best local courier rates to destination;
- Send, receive and distribute packages, letters, etc. via local and national courier services;
- Correlate, code and balance courier bills and phone/cell phone bills, and prepare for authorization;
- Maintain and code credit card statement for all reception purchases;
- Maintain budget for and order sufficient stock of office supplies and other material required for general and site offices;
- Negotiate with and recommend coffee supplies vendor. Monitor and purchase stock;
- Assist with the co-ordination of boardroom/meeting room bookings. Arrange for catered lunch and beverage service as requested;
- Prepare basic stationary start-up kit for new employees. Add new employees to correct email lists;
- Maintain the office seating chart and name plates;
- Order and coordinate delivery and set up of office furniture;
- Add and remove employees from the Security System;
- Maintain “first impressions’ PowerPoint presentation located at reception desk;
- Provide administrative support to other departments upon request and time permitting;
- Arrange business card orders;
- As a courtesy to office staff and our guests, ensure noise levels in the reception area are controlled and that the reception, kitchen, atrium, boardrooms, and plan room areas are kept neat and orderly;
- Ensure the cleaning contractors are meeting expectations on a daily basis;
- Coordinate with property management company to ensure all maintenance requirements are fulfilled;
- Maintain training manual for this position. Mentor and train designated individuals to provide back-up reception responsibilities;
- Help plan and coordinate office and other social events as required;
- Responsibilities must be carried out in a neat and well-organized manner; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and time permitting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Computer knowledge and demonstrated accuracy with spreadsheets, databases and word processing software as well as the ability to perform basic internet and intranet functions.
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form is essential.
- The desire and ability to continually upgrade skills and abilities is required.
- Demonstrated ability with the following competencies:
- Customer Focus: Identifying and responding to current and future customer needs; providing service excellence to internal and external clients. The receptionist must be friendly, personable, and approachable, since much of the work involves close contact and communication with clients, customers and prospective employees.
- Adaptability: Adapting own behaviors to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations and/or different environments. Acting as a corporate resource, having the ability to identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently.
- Results Orientation: Focusing personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful completion of high school
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Costco membership and driver's license is considered an asset.
- Completion of some business courses is an asset.