Reporting to the Director, Operations the Project Executive (PX) must be a highly motivated, adaptable and experienced individual in multiple aspects of construction. The PX must have proven leadership capabilities, the highest ethical standards and the skills to both lead and develop others. The PX must be able to lead, manage, and coordinate all phases of a large and/or multiple projects from preconstruction, through construction (Project Management) and closeout by leading and developing a team of Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Assistants who have the skills to execute on their defined roles.
Working with the Estimating and Business Development teams to secure work.
Overseeing the preconstruction phase and ensuring the team executes on the construction, turnover and post turnover service stages on a portfolio of projects.
Supporting business development activities by maintaining long lasting relationships with clients, the design community, engineers and other organizations which enhance future business development opportunities.
Coaching, mentoring and developing a diverse team and ensuring Clark Builders is creating growth opportunities to achieve both individual and corporate goals and objectives.
- Promote and instill Clark Builders Core Values.
- Leads through change and adversity can make a tough decision when needed.
- Support Business Development activities by maintaining and enhancing relationships with your personal network and past clients and leveraging those relationships to secure profitable projects.
- Promote Clark Builders through Community involvement and activities.
- Develop and/or promote and advance the latest industry technologies, systems, process and innovations to ensure Clark Builders maintains its position as an industry leader in construction.
- Maximize the skills and resources of others.
- Create positive development opportunities, mentoring staff and assisting direct reports in the advancement of their careers.
- Build diverse, high performing teams, through coaching, training and development opportunities and creating opportunities for new and challenging experiences.
- Promote career enhancing opportunities for and the development of staf
- Demonstrate high standards of personal accountability, integrity and ethics and instill these same characteristics in the people who you lead.
- Develop and monitor risk management/mitigation plans and strategies to support the project managers and project teams as well as protect the company assets.
- Client satisfaction
- Meet client expectations measured through client satisfaction surveys and feedback
- Project Management
- Support the Business Development team by participating or taking a leadership role in the interview stage of securing work.
- Provide general Project Management oversight in all phases of construction.
- Provide leadership to individual logistical plans and project scheduling.
- Provide overall accountability for successful delivery of multiple projects and/or a major project(s).
- Provide oversight, leadership and be accountable for the development and maintenance of the master project schedule.
- Accountable for safety, quality, and compliance programs for your teams’ project(s).
- Conduct individual project reviews for the project portfolio and be accountable for the financial management, schedule, execution and safety of the projects.
- Safety performance
- Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety staff and management to ensure the safe execution of the project sites to achieve an end goal of Zero lost-time accidents
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key relationships, including clients, business partners, government agencies, and sub-trades.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges or obstacles.
- A clear and solid understanding of the issues faced by the organization, including, but not limited to market conditions, project challenges, financial, client and or sub-trades issues.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills are essential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Post-Secondary Certificate/Degree in Engineering or the equivalent of a designated Professional Engineer or a Technical School graduate in a Construction related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years in construction with at least 8 years managing progressively larger and more complex projects and teams.
- Estimating and/or Business Development experience is a definite asset.
- On site Project Coordination, or Project Management experience.
- Previous experience working on a remote or logistical challenging project.