Reporting to the Vice President Northern Operations and the Project Manager assigned to the project.This position will supply specialized technical and project management support as required to the project team on Mechanical and Electrical scopes of work. This position requires 2 plus years of Mechanical and Electrical experience.This is a project site based position in Yellowknife, NWT.
- Assist/manage Mechanical and Electrical Systems scope of work.
- Provide value engineering and analysis throughout the project on M&E systems.
- Assist with and tender bid evaluation of M&E scope
- Assist with/update the construction plan and schedule for M&E scopes
- Initiate, chair and minute meetings.
- Reviews and process associated shop drawings.
- Manage associated QA/QC.
- Ensure M&E materials arriving at site meets the approved criteria.
- Issue and manage all associated RFI’s.
- Coordinate M&E activities in conjunction with other scopes of work to avoid conflict.
- Coordinate, plans, direct all on-site M&E activities (in conjunction with Project Manager and Project Superintendent) to comply with specification, requirements, codes and schedule.
- Participate in all M&E inspections, receive and distribute inspection reports and ensure all remedial work is carried out.
- Administer commissioning process per contract requirements.
- Assist in review and approval of M&E trade monthly claims.
- Manage, review, process M&E change orders in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Adhere to Clark Builders’ policies and procedures
- The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints
- Also essential is an understanding of contract fundamentals and experience in management of contractor under the terms of the contract.
- The candidate requires a good working knowledge of Mechanical systems and a basic electrical systems knowledge.
- The successful candidate would also enjoy working closely with project owners and design consultants and enhance strong, long-term customer relationships.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in large scale multi million dollars construction projects, with a combination of tradesman and supervisory roles.
- Post Secondary Education in the fields of Mechanical, and Electrical specialization is preferred.
- Project Manager Experience in pre-construction would be considered a definite asset.