Proposal Coordinator (Calgary)
At Clark Builders, we build exceptional experiences.
Our exceptional team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver successful, innovative and inspired projects for our many clients across Western and Northern Canada. As a company, we build exceptional careers for our hardworking team members, from executive to assistant.
We are looking for a Proposal Coordinator to join our Marketing & Communications team. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Proposal Coordinator leads the development of compliant and winning proposals. Are you a strong team player and natural leader? Do you have excellent communication, creativity and organizational skills? Are you able to multi-talk and efficiently meet multiple deadlines? Do you want to grow your career and be a part of a community-focused Calgary-based team?
We want to hear from you!
- Analyzing RFQ/RFP/EOI documents to ensure submissions are focused, creative, articulate, and compliant;
- Calling and participating in strategic start-up meetings for new proposals and interviews;
- Editing and proofing all written, technical components of proposals for content, conciseness, active voice, and correct grammar
- Works with team on proposal related tasks and ensuring that contributors submit complete information on deadlines and editing their work for content and grammar;
- Researching client and project information to provide thorough and thoughtful proposals;
- Confirming accuracy of each proposal’s content including phone numbers and reference information;Printing, cutting, punching, and coiling proposals in addition to coordinating with print shops for more polished submissions;
- Providing grammatical and writing support to the Project Development team and colleagues;
- Maintaining electronic files for proposal
- Creating interview and presentation materials for the Project Development team (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, handouts, )
- Aid in posting profiles, text, images on the website and various social media outlets
- Contribute to social media campaigns
- Generate advertisements as needed
- Contribute to Friday Facts and The Buzz
- Aid with populating and maintaining the database
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with confidence is essential;
- Very strong attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines is mandatory for this position; and Demonstrates initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and adapt to change.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in English, Technical Writing, Marketing or Journalism (or related education) is preferred;
- Ability to write technical content and marketing materials;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Strong analytical, active listening, and problem-solving skills;
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering high-quality work;
- Proven experience in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines in high pressure environments; and,
- An ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking
- Experience with coaching teams in collaborative planning
- Experience with continuous improvement