Senior Project Manager, Energy & Resources
At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences!
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting overall to the Director, Operations; on a day-to-day basis the Senior Project Manager will be reporting and taking direction from his/her or Project Executive in all aspects of the construction process on the project that they are assigned. The Senior Project Manager working with the Project Superintendent will be responsible for and not limited to managing safety, quality, risks, maximizing project earnings, human resources and staff training, client expectations, accurate financial reporting and assuring efficient and timely fulfillment of all corporate and project obligations. The Senior Project Manager will also be responsible for completing communications among all project team members and organizations to construct the project on time, within the budget and to the quality specified. The Senior Project Manager role is diverse, and varies between each project.
- Project Start Up:
- Utilities and site services applications
- Permit applications.
- Quantity take-offs for various scopes of the project.
- Finalize Prime Contracts.
- Client Risk assessment.
- Prepare project execution plan.
- Establish project organization charts and staffing needs.
- Assist in estimating, tender closeout, procurement management, project buyout and award and finalize project estimators..
- Setup project addition form, financials and billing schedule.
- Prepare staffing and resources plan.
- Prepare logistics planning.
- Establish file management plan.
- Prepare and issue letter of intents (LOI) and subcontracts.
- Put in place bonding and insurance.
- Safety planning
- Quality control planning.
- Communications plan.
- Create and manage schedule.
- Strategic fee enhancement planning.
- Establish and manage client and corporate objective.
- Modify project plan for success.
- Project Execution and Document Control:
- Track productivity and performance of the project.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Manage staff assignments.
- Manage document control process.
- Manage quality control plan.
- Manage schedule.
- Chair meetings and issue minutes.
- Project accounting and cost control.
- Monthly financial reports and forecasting.
- Time cards – ensure accurate recording and coding.
- Processing PO and subcontract claims.
- Client billings.
- Dispute and claim management.
- Resolve trade and performance issues.
- Provide regular management of Key Project Indicators (KPI’s).
- Administrate Project Close Out:
- Prime contractor.
- Commissioning and equipment start-up.
- Training seminars.
- City inspections.
- Final consultant and schedule C’s.
- Substantial completion certificate.
- Warranty period.
- Manage financial closeout
- Support and grow ongoing sub-trade and client relationships.
- Assist in obtaining work by way of completing a portfolio of successful projects.
- Participate in project interviews.
- Participate in CBU Leadership.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks.
- Analytical thinker to interpret information in order to understand issues.
- Ability to make decisions on a variety of levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Effective delegation and follow up.
- Can prevent, manage and resolve conflicts.
- Questions conventional approaches, explores alternatives and provides innovative solutions.
- Can identify, assess and manage risks while striving to meet objectives.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports
- Can lead, mentor and motivate medium to large project teams
- Must be able to competently manage the construction process from project startup to project closeout for all sizes and levels of complexity projects.
- Abillity to travel and work shift rotation
- Exposure and understanding of proinciples of lean thinking
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Post-Secondary Certificate/Degree in Engineering or the equivalent of a designated Professional Engineer or a Technical School graduate in a Construction related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience working in a Project Manager role for a Construction Management organization, managing construction of industrial, light industrial, hard rock mining and/or oil and gas sector.
- Experience with Last Planner® System an asset
- Experience with collaborative pull planning
- Experience with Integrated Project Delivery an asset
- Experience with coaching teams in collaborative planning
- Experience with continuous improvement
- Networking and relationship building;
- Customer focus;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Results focus;
- Managing for results;
- Developing others;
- Risk Management;
- Creative thinking;
- Conflict resolution;
- Planning and organizing;
- Decision Making; and,
- Analytical thinking.
***This is a safety sensitive position