At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Reporting to the Vice President Operations. This position will supply specialized technical and project management support as required to the project team on IMIT Electrical scopes of work for a major institutional healthcare project you will work closely with Project Managers and Site Superintendents to ensure project plan administration supports the execution of field operations. Acting as a liaison between IMIT and electrical consultants and subcontractors.
- Assist/manage IMIT Electrical scopes of work.
- Provide value engineering and analysis throughout the project on IMIT Electrical systems.
- Assist with/update the construction plan and schedule for IMIT Electrical scopes
- Initiate, chair and minute meetings.
- Reviews and process associated shop drawings.
- Manage associated QA/QC.
- Ensure IMIT Electrical materials arriving at site meets the approved criteria.
- Issue and manage all associated RFI’s.
- Coordinate IMIT Electrical activities in conjunction with other scopes of work to avoid conflict.
- Coordinate, plans, direct all on-site IMIT Electrical activities (in conjunction with Project Manager and Project Superintendent) to comply with specification, requirements, codes and schedule.
- Participate in all IMIT Electrical inspections, receive and distribute inspection reports and ensure all remedial work is carried out.
- Administer commissioning process per contract requirements.
- Assist in review and approval of IMIT Electrical trade monthly claims.
- Manage, review, process IMIT Electrical change orders in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Adhere to Clark Builders’ policies and procedures
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience with large scale multi million dollars construction projects.
- Post Secondary Education in the fields of IMIT or Electrical Engineering specialization.
- Consideration will be given to Journeyman with a IMIT or electrical background and relevant experience
- Experience with Last Planner® System an asset.
- Experience with collaborative pull planning.
- Experience with Integrated Project Delivery an asset.
Skills & Knowledge
- The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints
- Also essential is an understanding of contract fundamentals and experience in management of contractor under the terms of the contract.
- The candidate requires a good working knowledge of Mechanical systems and a basic electrical systems knowledge.
- The successful candidate would also enjoy working closely with project owners and design consultants and enhance strong, long-term customer relationships.