At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
The successful candidate shall effectively prioritize the assigned initiatives, bridging internal events and communications with external audiences via Yammer and our social media outlets. This individual must be a strong team player with excellent communication, creativity, and organizational skills. This demanding position requires the ability to efficiently meet multiple deadlines for the various business units.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Manager, Marketing & Communications.
- Assist in supporting the overall brand, and maintaining a centralized information sharing portal on CBNet;
- Assist in the dissemination of all company-wide messaging;
- Promote and convey messages and initiatives on behalf of the various business units and departments;
- Contribute stories and images to the newsletter;
- Work with Manager, Marketing & Communications to move key internal messages to external audience as well as posting profiles, text, images and other messaging on our external media outlets;
- Assist with the messaging and promotion of employee engagement strategies lead by key stakeholders (e.g. the 50 Best Managed Companies, Aon’s Best Employers survey, etc.) and share the feedback with all employees;
- Capture the stories of Clark Builders employees by focusing on people doing great work professionally (seeking opportunities, building, estimating, pouring concrete,
- managing, etc..) and in the community. These stories will be shared both internally and externally via Yammer, newsletters, and social media at a minimum:
- Look at the experience of building with Clark Builders as a whole and note what differentiates us from our
- Recognize and elevate volunteerism, share information to increase awareness and
- Travel to job sites to highlight the contribution of our field forces by bringing back stories, experiences, comments and insight from those who are in the “boots on the ground”
- Leverage opportunities to promote our core values and
- Assist in planning seasonal events, bbq’s and internal fundraisers (specifically the branding and Communications aspects);
- By providing input and creativity, help make Town Hall meetings and other internal events more popular/engaging/inviting to increase employee participation/involvement;
Skills & Knowledge:
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with confidence is essential;
- Must be mobile with the ability to travel to and from projects, as well as navigate throughout job sites;
- Experience in event planning;
- Very strong attention to detail, highly organized and an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines is mandatory for this position;
- Ability to work independently or in a group environment;
- Ability to organize events such as Town Hall meetings, Kick off parties for Aon’s 50 Best & Best Employer surveys, seasonal events, internal celebrations and external receptions;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills;
- Demonstrates initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- An ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering high-quality work;
- Strong analytical, active listening, and problem-solving skills;
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking
- Experience with continuous improvement
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or English (or related education) is preferred;
- 2-5 years related work experience in a related field or combination of relevant education and experience;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Proven experience in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines in high pressure