At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Receptionist will be responsible for being the first point of contact and communication with internal and external customers.
- Efficiently operate console switchboard and direct incoming/outgoing calls through the voice mail system;
- Ensure mail is received, stamped and distributed as required;
- Negotiate and make optimal use of best local courier rates to destination;
- Send, receive and distribute packages, letters, etc. via local and national courier services;
- Maintain and order sufficient stock of office supplies and other material required for general and site offices;
- Assist with the co-ordination of boardroom/meeting room bookings. Arrange for catered lunch and beverage service as requested;
- Set up new employees ie business cards, Simply In / Out; supplies, nametags, corporate signatures for e-mail
- Maintain “first impressions’ PowerPoint presentation located at reception desk;
- Provide administrative support to other departments upon request and time permitting;
- As a courtesy to office staff and our guests, ensure noise levels in the reception area are controlled and that the reception, kitchen, boardrooms areas are kept neat and orderly; update guest WI-FI Password
- Maintain training manual for this position. Mentor and train designated individuals to provide back-up reception responsibilities;
- Responsibilities must be carried out in a neat and Professional manner;
- Sort Accounting Files/ cheques; Scan & file progress billings;
- Manage Copiers/ order paper;
- Photocopy manuals; and orientation binders
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and time permitting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Computer knowledge and demonstrated accuracy with spreadsheets, databases and word processing software as well as the ability to perform basic internet and intranet functions.
- The ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in written form is essential.
- The desire and ability to continually upgrade skills and abilities is required.
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking
- Experience with continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability with the following competencies:
- Customer Focus: Identifying and responding to current and future customer needs; providing service excellence to internal and external clients. The receptionist must be friendly, personable, and approachable, since much of the work involves close contact and communication with clients, customers and prospective employees.
- Adaptability: Adapting own behaviors to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations and/or different environments. Acting as a corporate resource, having the ability to identify and deal with issues proactively and consistently. Ability to prioritize tasks and requests to meet deadlines.
- Results Orientation: Focusing personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization’s objectives.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful completion of high school
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Completion of some business courses is an asset.