At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner will partner with business leaders in the Calgary branch to understand their priorities and act as a subject matter expert in the field of human resources.
- Build strategic relationships with business leaders to understand their priorities and deliver Human Resources solutions and services that align with Clark Builders policies & procedures and comply with Federal and Provincial employment laws & standards;
- Provide coaching and support to Managers on issues such as: performance management, conflict resolution, absence management (disability leave, parental leave, etc.) employee retention & engagement, terminations;
- Lead the full cycle recruiting process, ensuring the hiring process complies with Clark Builders’ standards, best practices and Employment Standards which includes:
- Management of the applicant tracking system management (iCIMS)
- Post job openings internally and externally;
- Review, sort and shortlist resumes received;
- Perform prescreen calls and reference checks for potential candidates and provide further recommendations to hiring managers;
- Arrange, coordinate and conduct interviews to ensure positions are filled in a timely and efficient manner;
- Offer letter creation and negotiation of employment terms;
- Manage the onboarding and orientation of new employees to ensure they are set up for success and act as a strong ambassador of the Clark Builders’ culture;
- Act as the subject matter expert of our human resources information system (HRIS), Workday for the Calgary branch. This includes managing the administration, upkeep of the system and providing coaching to managers & employees on daily use of the system;
- Work in conjunction with the broader HR team to deliver key initiatives and projects such as: succession & progression, identification of high potential employees, training plans, compensation reviews, and the annual Best Employer survey.
- Support Corporate Human Resources with the management of benefit and RRSP programs;
- Participate in college recruiting efforts which includes organizing and attending Career Fairs to attract top talent and foster relationships with educational institutions across Canada;
- Provide general administrative support such as: creation of paper and electronic employee files, job descriptions, assignment letters, termination letters, employment verification letters, financial tracking, and filing;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to build strategic relationships with management and employees;
- Service orientated, self-starter, solutions focused and ability to adapt to changing needs;
- Comfortable working independent or part of a team on projects and initiatives;
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and sensitive issues;
- Strong understanding of Human Resources legislation and best practices;
- Ability to multitask and make appropriate decisions under pressure while maintaining professionalism and confidentiality;
- Ability to coach, motivate and mentor managers and employees;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree of diploma in Human Resources of related field;
- RPR designation considered an asset;
- 5+ years progressive HR experience partnering with management with a proven track record of delivering results;
- Exposure to Commercial or Industrial construction considered an asset;
- Exposure or understanding of principles of lean thinking;
- Above average skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.