At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our dynamic and fast paced team is made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives. We work closely together to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
The Proposal Coordinator leads the development of compliant and winning proposals. A strong team player and a leader with excellent communication, creativity, and organizational skills, the Proposal Coordinator requires the ability to multi-task and efficiently meet multiple deadlines.
- Analyzing RFQ/RFP/EOI documents to ensure submissions are focused, creative, articulate, and compliant;
- Calling and participating in strategic start-up meetings for new proposals and interviews;
- Editing and proofing all written and technical components of proposals for compliance, conciseness, active voice, correct grammar, and quality;
- Works with team on proposal related tasks, and ensuring that contributors submit complete information on deadlines and edits their work for content and grammar;
- Researching client and project information to provide thorough and thoughtful proposals;
- Confirming the accuracy of each proposals’ content including contact and reference information;
- Printing, cutting, punching and, coiling proposals in addition to coordinating with print shops for more polished submissions;
- Providing grammatical and writing support to the Project Development team and colleagues;
- Maintaining electronic files for proposal;
- Creating interview and presentation materials for the Project Development team (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, handouts.);
- Aid in posting profiles, text, images on the website and various social media outlets;
- Contribute to social media campaigns;
- Generate advertisements as needed;
- Contribute to Friday Facts and The Buzz;
- Aid with populating and maintaining database;
- Administrative tasks; and,
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Knowledge
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with confidence is essential;
- Very strong attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines is essential for this position;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates initiative, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and adapt to change; and,
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency with a positive attitude and strong commitment to achieving goals, and ability to work in a face paced environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, Marketing or Journalism (or related education) is preferred;
- Ability to write technical content and marketing materials;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Strong analytical, active listening, and problem-solving skills;
- A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering high-quality work;
- Proven experience in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines in high pressure environments;
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Exposure to or understanding of principles of lean thinking and continuous improvement would be an asset; and,
- Experience supporting teams in collaborative planning.