At Clark Builders, We Build Exceptional Experiences.
Our Remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, works together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Electrical Manager will supply specialized technical and project management support on Electrical scopes of work, as required as part of a project team.
- Manage the electrical Systems scope of work on a single project or multiple projects.
- Provide value engineering and analysis throughout the project on electrical systems.
- Prepare and update the construction plan and schedule for electrical scopes.
- Initiate, chair and minute meetings.
- Reviews and process associated shop drawings.
- Manage associated QA/QC.
- Issue and manage all associated RFI’s.
- Coordinate electrical activities in conjunction with other scopes of work to avoid conflict.
- Coordinate plans and direct all on-site electrical activities to comply with specification, requirements, codes and schedule.
- Participate in all electrical inspections, receive and distribute inspection reports and ensure all remedial work is carried out.
- Administer commissioning process per contract requirements.
- Assist in review and approval of electrical trade monthly progress claims.
- Manage, review, and process electrical change orders in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- The successful candidate must be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective leadership.
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to interpret and manage competing priorities under time constraints.
- An understanding of contract fundamentals and experience in management of contracts.
- The candidate requires a good working knowledge of electrical systems and a basic mechanical systems knowledge.
- The successful candidate would enjoy working closely with project owners and design consultants and enhance strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Experience with Last Planner® System an asset
- Experience with collaborative pull planning
- Experience with Integrated Project Delivery an asset
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience with large scale multi million dollars construction projects.
- Trade background or Post Secondary Education in the fields of Electrical specialization.
- Project Manager/Estimating experience with a mechanical or electrical trade contractor would be considered a definite asset.